1991 STEALTH RT TTWONT CRANK AT ALLTURN KEYGET A...

1991 Dodge Stealth

mi30189@comcast.net

1991 stealth r/t TT, wont crank at all, turn key, get a single click, have all electrical working inside, dash lights, windows, etc. Replaced starter, and starter relay switch, havent changed neutral saftey switch yet. What can you recommend to do. Car battery went dead, put new battery in, that is when all this startered, can it be ECU, if so, how do you check it, I had it changed out 2 yrs ago. HELP
Thank You
Mark

Is this a turbo? Automatic or manual tranny? Is there a security system? Any applicable trouble codes?

mi30189@comcast.net

It is a 5spd, twin turbo, No security system, I have no way to check codes
Thank You
Mark

If the starter motor won't crank, Check voltage and ground at the starter. Any testing, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. When you turn the key to crank, can you tell if there is a load on the system?

You should be able to check mil codes? Turn key just till dash lites come on, no further, cycle key, on--off, on--off, on. Then the mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide