WHERE IS THE IDLE AIR CONTROL MOTOR LOCATED?

1991 Cadillac Brougham

l2wo4our

June, 30, 2012 AT 4:54 AM

In a 1991 Cadillac brougham 5.7. I know its in the throttle, but I cant find it. Need the exact location need exact location of idle air control motor. Picture would help too.

June, 30, 2012 AT 4:45 PM

Round housing with a 4 wire connector on the throttle body.

Why are you replacing it?

l2wo4our

June, 30, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

Roy im replacing it because my car turns off on idle. It always turns back on for like 3 seconds then it just turns off. I happen to believe maybe its the idle air control motor. Any suggestions?

l2wo4our

June, 30, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

Wrenchtech thanks you so much that was very helpful.

June, 30, 2012 AT 5:26 PM

I would check for vacuum leaks at the base as the base gasket is a common failure for this issue.

Make sure the egr valve is not stuck open causing a massive vacuum leak.

And lastly, it could be the valve but can be tested with a scan tool to manually operate it.

l2wo4our

July, 2, 2012 AT 8:00 PM

*UPDATE* I already changed the idle air control valve (IAC) and the EGR valve and also the throttle position sensor along with the pcv valve. I put all these parts new and it still does the same thing. The car always turns on but turns off after 3 seconds. I dont know if its either a leak or something causing it to choke. It also drains the battery I always have to jump start it to turn it on every time. Please help.

Wrenchtech

July, 2, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

Have you tested the fuel pressure?

l2wo4our

July, 2, 2012 AT 8:34 PM

No I havent not yet

Wrenchtech

July, 2, 2012 AT 8:39 PM

That probably should have been the first thing you did.
It has to be 9-13PSI

l2wo4our

July, 10, 2012 AT 10:56 PM

So I checked the fuel pressure and its good I even changed the fuel filter. What I did notice was that the car only stays on when I disconnect the hose that runs from the back of the throttle to the map sensor, once I connect it back to the throttle the car shakes and it turns off. So I'm thinking maybe I have a bad MAP sensor, so I go and replace it brand new and it still does the same thing. It only stays on when I disconnect the hose from the throttle that goes to the MAP sensor. What could this be? And after I replaced the MAP sensor the check engine light went off. So I dont know what to do anymore? Any suggestions?

Wrenchtech

July, 10, 2012 AT 11:08 PM

Try unplugging the the electrical plug for the MAP sensor and see if it will run any better.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro