1991 BUICK RIVIERA

• Oscarrod73
  • 1991 BUICK RIVIERA

So I own a 1991 buick riviera and it was making a loud sound at the front of the engine and vehicle kept on turning off. I thought it was the water pump bearings so I replaced the water pump. No luck what so ever. After it turns off I shake some harnessed wires that are located on the front of the ignition module where the spark plug wires are connected to. I had the harmonic balancer replaced on it because buick dealer said balancer was broken. $600 later, vehicle now seems to backfire and still turns off. I love this car but my wife doesnt. I dont want to get rid of it but dont want to keep spending more money than the cars worth. Can anybody help me please?

Saturday, May 28th, 2011 AT 4:21 AM

• Rasmataz

What type of loud sound are you hearing in front of the engine-could be your valve and ignition timing is off causing it to backfire and stalls-You sure its not a tensioner

Saturday, May 28th, 2011 AT 7:56 AM