1995 BUICK RIVIERA TYPE OF COOLANT

• smyleee
  • 1995 Buick Riviera

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Buick Riviera 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 88000 miles

I put supertech coolant and am not sure it is the right kind. It says it is for all metal corrosion protection including aluminum. Will this harm my car? Should I flush it? What kind is recommended?

Sunday, May 30th, 2010 AT 11:22 AM

• rasmataz

Type of coolant: DEX-COOL

Refill the cooling system with a coolant meeting GM Specification 1825-M. To ensure sufficient engine cooling, freezing and corrosion protection, maintain the protection level at -37 C (34 F) or lower. Use a solution that is no more than 70 percent antifreeze. CAUTION: Under some conditions, the ethylene glycol engine coolant is combustible. To help avoid being burned, DO NOT spill antifreeze or coolant on the exhaust system or hot engine parts.

Sunday, May 30th, 2010 AT 3:51 PM
  • xovangam

There is a class-action lawsuit against GM. Apparently the DexCool that came from them when manufactures ate away at some seals. Do a google search on it.

Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010 AT 5:04 PM