PKUP SR5 RESTARTING AFTER STALLING

1990 Toyota Pickup

Jaxson

July, 17, 2011 AT 9:40 PM

I have a 1990 Toyota SR5 4x4 pickup, 3.0 liter. After running, if you stall the motor, especially when warm you have to wait 5 minutes before it will start. It does not quit while running or if you let out the clutch and it stalls, you have to wait 5 minutes or so before it will start. I have put in 2 distributors, new coil, new ignition module, spark plugs and wires, battery, computer rebuilt/checked out and still have the same problem. HELP!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

rivermikerat

July, 18, 2011 AT 2:04 AM

Check the fuel pump pressure. It sounds like it may be an intermittent vapor lock problem.

Jaxson

July, 18, 2011 AT 2:18 AM

The reason we did not think it was a fuel problem, was that there was no power to the coil or tachometer unless there is a relay in that system?

rivermikerat

July, 18, 2011 AT 2:37 AM

No. That voltage is supplied by the ECU. Check to ensure that the plugs are receiving spark when the issue occurs. If so, I'd be even more sure of calling it a vapor lock type issue.