1990 NISSAN STANZA *LIFTER*

• Melany
  • 1990 Nissan Stanza
  • automatic

Well I have wrote you guys about this car finally figured out its actually a lifter thats the issue. I was told by you and another mechanic to do an oil change and add Marvels mystery oil in exchange for a qt of oil and the lifter should be fin. My question is the mechanic said the lifetr they dont need to be "Replaced" he said just do the oil change add the Marvels and dont worry about it. I thought the lifetr making noise could eventually throw a rod and ruin the engine while driving? I dont EVER drive on the freeway I just drive like 10 miles around town or LESS a day any opinions would help ALOT I would rather NOT get "Stuck" or have the engine seize while driving :) Thanx u guys are awesome. Melani

Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 8:39 AM

• KHLow2008

You should have replied to your previous post so that whoever attended to you can continue as he would be notified and the history of what had transpired would be in the same post.

No worries about lifters causing any danages, unless the noise gets louder and is constant. That could be due to a lubrication fault.

The lifters would have to replaced only if the oil change and the cleaner did not help.

Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 2:50 PM
  • Melany

Ok TY very much have a great day :)

Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 8:28 PM
  • KHLow2008

You're welcome.

How can I get to know the girl in the picture better? Lol.

Have a great day.

Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 8:42 PM
  • Melany

Move 2 Las Vegas Nevada and FIX my Nissan :) so I have no more worries about it Im gonna have a panic attack always worrying about the car but DID notice the temp guage FINALLY worked yesterday I was driving it around for awhile and it was lik 70 degrees outside and it didnt over heat or anything it usually doesnt work

Sunday, January 16th, 2011 AT 4:37 AM
  • KHLow2008

Check the temperature switch connection. It could possibly be loose.

I would love to move to LA, have heard and seen that it is a nice place.

Sunday, January 16th, 2011 AT 10:12 AM