HELP!

1990 Mercury Mystique

saraelizabeth

The other day after refilling all the liquids, out of nowhere, my car, a mercury mistiqe, started smoking heavily as I was driving, and it skipped a little bit. Then I was told to put some "stop leak" in it, then to drive it for a half hour, I made it 15 minutes and the entire car shut off while I was driving. The brakes stopped working during that time. Then today I drove it for about 10 minutes, and it was smoking again. What could be wrong?

fixitmr

Did the car overheat? That will make it stop. When you say refill all liquids do you mean anti freeze, motor oil, transmission fluid? Did you open radiator and fill antifreeze there? How often do you have to refill liquids and why did you choose to do it when you did?

saraelizabeth

Im not sure if it was overheating, the gadge is broken. I refilled the oil and anti freeze, just because they were running low.

fixitmr

January, 11, 2011 AT 2:56 AM

Do you know what motor you have? And how often do you check the fluids?

fixitmr

January, 11, 2011 AT 4:15 AM

The brakes stopped working because the motor quit working. The motor has to be running for the brake booster to function which helps exert more pressure on the pedal than the average person can exert in order to stop effectively.

mhpautos

February, 4, 2011 AT 12:20 PM

What colour is the smoke? Is it from the exhaust or under the bonnet?

Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado