WATER ON PASSAGER FLOOR

• steve atcheson
  • 1990 Lincoln Town Car

1990 lincoln town car, passenger side floor. Gets wet when driven, with or without ac or heater turn on. I dont think the heater core is leaking as their is no coolant loss at all.

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 6:10 PM

• rasmataz

If its not the heater core or the AC drain -Check the windshield rubber seal/grommet and for cracks or holes upfront where the wiper motor/linkage located-

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 6:30 PM
  • czack

My ******'s Towncar is sopping wet more so in the backseat on the passenger side floor. No windows down. No one seems to know where it is coming from. Car eventually smells moldy. No clue where the water would be coming from. Happens multiple times. Help.

Friday, December 2nd, 2011 AT 8:28 AM
  • rasmataz

You gonna have to strip it open and dry it-then use the garden hose to duplicate as if its raining-top and bottom

Friday, December 2nd, 2011 AT 5:54 PM
  • czack

My assumption is that the problem is some how related to the air conditioning drip pan and clogged hoses that connect in that general location under the car.

Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 AT 8:01 AM
  • rasmataz

Check the AC drain tube could be clogged-up and backing it up-

Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 AT 10:08 AM
  • nbay29

My 96 Town Car had the same leak problem. I fixed it by removing the cover under the hood at the bottom of the windshield (simple, just screws). This give you access to the plastic screen that keeps leaves and other bebris out of the passage to the heater core. Remove this screen and toss any remnant of a gasket that might be there. Clean both the under side of the plasic screen and the surface it mates to. Now use blue RTV to create a new "gasket". The RTV can be applied to the under side of the edges of the screen or the surface that the screen mates to. Worked for me! Need more info, just ask.

Sunday, December 4th, 2011 AT 9:02 PM