• Tiny
  • Cadillacman1992
  • 1990 Lincoln Mark VII

Can u replace an air ride shock with a normal gas shock on a 90 lincoln lsc

Do you
have the same problem?
Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 AT 5:08 AM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • caradiodoc
  • Expert
  • 25,768 posts

The car already has normal shock absorbers. The air ride system consists of inflatable air springs. THAT is what most people ask about replacing because Ford has always done a very poor job of supporting their products for that system. Regular coil springs can be installed to replace the leaking air springs when they are no longer available after a few years. Even when they are still available, Ford is very proud of their parts and charges a real lot for them. Repair cost with original parts often exceeds the value of the car.

Was this
Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 AT 8:21 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions