Now the problem has once again worsened. So much so that, there are points where the care will not start. And when it does, the second I take my foot off the accelerator, the car will - once again- die. I have had it begin to skip (that is to hitch) as if it is trying to shift gears (it's an automatic) and if I take my foot from the accelerator, or put it on the break, the car will die. This has happened quite a few times while I've been driving (thankfully, there has not been a wreck due to this). I have had several things done to the car and that list is as follows:
1. Ran the trouble codes multiple times- Each time it has come up as the Throttle Position Sensor.
2.I changed the spark plugs
3. Changed the wires
4. Replaced the distributor cap
5. Replaced the distributor rotor
6.I have had the throttle position sensor replaced twice, TWICE. As well as had it checked twice to ensure proper install and adjustment
7. I have had the oil changed
8. I have run a bottle of fuel line cleaner through the engine
9. Ran two cans of sea foam through the engine
10. Cleaned the throttle plate
11. I had the MAP sensor replaced
12. Had the MAF sensor checked (was with the gentlemen and he said it was working)
13. I've had the timing corrected.
14. Changed the fuel filter
My apologies for the long list, its just that, I've sank SO much money into this car and I need it so I can travel back and forth from the college I attend (which I will be returning in a little over a month). Ive been told it could be the computer, or the fuel pump and I'm just not sure anymore. Please, I need to make sure it's running well before I leave can someone tell me what the problem is so I can get it fixed and remove the stress of this situation?
have the same problem?
Thursday, July 4th, 2013 AT 12:32 AM