MY CHEVY 1500 5

• matttyw20
  • 1990 Chevrolet Truck

My chevy 1500 5.7 wont start it was always hard to start but now it wont at all my mechanice said six months ago that he thought it was cause of the fuel pressure regulator if someone could tell me how to test this and tell me how hard one is tooput in I wuld greatly appreciate it thanks Matt

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 2:31 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

Go to our homepage under the DIY section and look up checking fuel pump pressure. There is a video that includes how to check the regulator.

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 2:45 AM
  • matttyw20

Does anyone know where my fuel pressure regulator is for the test cause I'm pretty sure its not a pump issue cause I had my fuel ump and sending unit replaced by mechanic a few months back

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 3:48 AM
  • rasmataz

Is this a throttle body injection or a central fuel injection?

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 6:42 AM
  • matttyw20

Its TBI but I already fixed it I drove it last night round 6pm went out at 9am an no start I know my batterys fine and last time I checked alternator wen running it was at over 14 like.2 I think is it possible that the alternators doesnt put out the extra juice when trying to start and if so how could I find that out I just dont wanna take alternator out for no reason to be told its fine lol

Monday, December 17th, 2012 AT 2:46 PM
  • rasmataz

I don't think it has something to do with the alternator @ 14 volts the injectors will energize-Go and review this link thoroughly: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Monday, December 17th, 2012 AT 8:38 PM