TRUCK HAS 5

1990 Chevrolet Silverado

hamerlaner

Truck has 5.7 in it I have changed dist pick- up dist modle oil pressure switch coolant senser the truck stats good but you put it in a puul and it dies it looks to be getting fuel and starts right back up

How long since overall tune-up? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. Are there any applicable mil codes? You can check mil codes, yourself. You use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at the datalink connector. Turn key just till dash lites come on, no further, the mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes. Let us know what you find.

hamerlaner

II failed to report new plugs wies cap rotor and fuel pump also

hamerlaner

All I get is code 12

You still need to check fuel pressure. Do a cylinder compression test. Make sure the exhaust isn't clogged.

hamerlaner

Fuel pressure 12 pds comp 130 there is one cyl. At 120 exhaust is 3 in striat pipe it's got to be something simple would mapp senser cause any of this

I don't know what else? A sensor problem should have set a code. I've seen instructors say about sensors, when in doubt, take it out, meaning unplugged it. The computer may default to a preset value, allowing the vehicle to run.

Unplugging sensors may be poor diagnostics, but?

Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Air Filter Replacement
Mercedes Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement