HI, I HEAR A "WOOG WOOG WOOG" SOUND WHEN I DRIVE MY CAR, WHAT COULD IT BE.

1989 Toyota Corolla

mellisa89corolla

March, 28, 2012 AT 1:15 AM

The sound comes from the front of the car and you hear it when you speed up. I had it checked, and the mechanic said I need to have my wheels aligned and I need to buy new tires, so I did, but the sound did not go away. It's still there. I noticed that when I pick up speed, the sound also picks up speed. The mechanic now says it's either the fan belt or the wheel bearing. Please help me, I think the mechanic I went to is just messing with me and wants me to spend lots of money. Thanks!

March, 28, 2012 AT 1:54 AM

It sounds like a hub bearing has failed. Go to another shop for a second opinion.

mmprince4000

April, 4, 2012 AT 2:24 PM

Well, I would replace the fan belt first, should be pretty cheap. The wheel bearing on Corolla's are pressed in and generally the knuckle has to be removed to press out/in the new bearing. While the bearing is cheap, the labor is expensive.

mellisa89corolla

April, 4, 2012 AT 3:12 PM

Thanks for your answers! I already had it checked and replaced, it was the wheel bearing. Got a good deal so it wasn't expensive. : )

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro