STILL WANTS TO STALL

1989 Ford E-Series Van

carpvinyl723

May, 6, 2012 AT 1:49 PM

1989 ford van e-150 5.0 EFI it stalls when cold, I replaced the EGR valve, the solenoid that goes on top of egr valve and the egr vacuum solenoid. It seemed to help but, still wants to stall, first start in the am. After 2 blocks it runs fine.

do I need something else replaced?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

May, 6, 2012 AT 2:16 PM

IF THE ENGINE LIGHT WORKS--AND IS ON

YOU MAY HAVE COMPUTER CODES THAT MIGHT DIRECT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION......SAVE ON THE GUESSING UNTIL YOUR BUILT IN RESOURCES RUN OUT....GUESSING MAY BE EXPENSIVE, AND ELECTRICAL PARTS ARE NON-RETURNABLE

REMEMBER....THIS IS OBD I, AND POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORES MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RETRIEVE YOUR CODES, THEY MAY, HOWEVER HAVE A FORD OBD I READER FOR SALE.....IF YOUR RIG IS A KEEPER, MIGHT BE WORTH THE $$$

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Code-Scanner-for-Ford-Actron_9090231-P_N3389_T%7CGRP2018_____

I WENT INTO ADVANCE AUTO ONLINE----THIS WAS THE 1ST TO CATCH MY EYE, THERE WERE 4 PAGES OF SCANNERS....REMEMBER FORD OBD I, IS YOU

KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PROGRESS

carpvinyl723

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:44 AM

I will let you know, first of all thank you.I checked on the scanner its 32.00 and only one review of it that was not to encouraging, I work out of this van, so I am not gonna have time to mess with it, to much again till the weekend. Thanks again