Check the ignition coils and ensure sparks are bright blue. Check the spark plugs. Is vehicle equipped with turbo charger?
Chck the Hot start assist system
1. Operate engine to warm temperature. Turn engine off. On turbo models, remove intercooler. On all models, disconnect intake air temperature sensor.
2. Install resistor at temperature sensor terminals. On non-turbo models, install 2000-3000-ohm resistor or 3500-ohm resistor on turbo models.
3. Install tachometer. Start engine and note engine RPM. Engine RPM must be at specified RPM for proper amount of time and then decrease.
4. Shut engine off. On non-turbo models, disconnect pressure regulator hose. See Fig. 2. Place finger over end of vacuum hose. Start engine. Check that no vacuum exists for 90 seconds after engine is started and then exists after 90 seconds.
5. On turbo models, connect voltmeter to pressure regulator control solenoid valve. See Fig. 3. Start engine and note voltage. Voltage should be below 2 volts for 50 seconds after engine is started, then increase to approximately 12 volts after 50 seconds.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 11:38 AM