MY CAR WONT START

1988 Jaguar Vanden Plas

munamujahid1

March, 12, 2013 AT 1:30 PM

My car wont start. Its not the battery. It appears to a major lectrical fuse. I dont where its located because I dont have covers for the driverside fuse box panel.

March, 12, 2013 AT 2:07 PM

THIS MAY BE YOUR PROBLEM.....NOT A FUSE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

IF YOU WILL LOOK AT THE VERY LAST PIC IN MY LINK, I SHOW HOW TO TEST FUSES AND FUSIBLE LINKS USING A CHEAP TEST LIGHT.

NORMALLY I USE THIS METHOD WHEN THE FUSE (OR OTHER) IS NOT TRANSPARENT OR HARD TO SEE THAT IT IS BLOWN OR NOT.

YOU CAN ALSO USE A TEST LIGHT ON EITHER SIDE OF A FUSE OR FUSIBLE LINK WHILE IT IS STILL PLUGGED IN TO IT'S SOCKET---THIS MIGHT REQUIRE THE KEY TO BE "ON" OR EVEN HAVE THE VEHICLE RUNNING TO HAVE POWER TO SOME OF THE FUSES

ON SOME VEHICLES, THE FUSES/ FUSE SOCKETS THAT PROTECT HEADLIGHTS AND OTHER LIGHTING ARE NOT "HOT" UNTIL THEIR SWITCH IS TURNED ON.......SO DON'T BE FOOLED INTO THINKING THESE FUSES ARE BAD OR NO POWER GETS TO THEM

KEEP US POSTED

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement