1988 Chevrolet Cheyenne injectors

VILLAFUERTEJOSEPH85
  • 1988 CHEVROLET CHEYENNE
Injectors won't fire there is fuel to the injector I know because when I use a tester light to check if injectors have power right and left lead wires show power but when I test the left wire on either injector it will fire what little gas it has in there.I left my phone recording they don't shoot while cranking at all. Appreciate the help thank you for your time
Monday, November 10th, 2014 AT 7:28 AM

Are you missing anything else? With the engine cranking, do you have spark at the plugs? Your computer controls the fuel injectors on the ground side, engine cranking. The engine has to be cranking to check ground pulse for fuel injector. If the computer doesn't see rpm signal, no injector pulse. The rpm signal comes from distributor. I haven't looked at your wiring, yet.

I'd also want to check fuel pressure. Check for applicable trouble codes, see if anything shows up. Your obd1, you should be able to check codes, yourself. You use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at datalink connector, turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further. The mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.
Monday, November 10th, 2014 AT 9:07 AM
VILLAFUERTEJOSEPH85
Last time I checked the spark coming from the wires next to the engin block I did just did the fuel pump did the distributor set up about 3 years back its was pretty corroded in there I have another computers from you pull it it still didn't shoot the injectors or it shoots when it wants cuz before it was shooting on the left side but the right side would not fire and would be flooded on top got different injectors from you pull it they both work but now won't fire while cranking again again thanks for the help
Monday, November 10th, 2014 AT 1:28 PM
VILLAFUERTEJOSEPH85
Numbers matched on computers never tried checking codes with jumper wire someone said it was easy to burn out or?
Monday, November 10th, 2014 AT 1:34 PM
With obd1, I've never had problems checking codes with jumper wire. Maybe there is always a first time, but, hasn't happened, yet. On older vehicles, I have seen mil lamp that didn't work for some reason. On those, I used a scanner to look at live engine data, see if anything looks out of kilter.

I'd have to check for injector pulse on the injector ground circuit, engine cranking. A noid lite will work. Also, if you have a digital multimeter that has a tach--duty cycle--dwell setting, I believe any of those will react to dc pulse. If the meter has a min/max setting, that should work.
Monday, November 10th, 2014 AT 3:06 PM