Electrical problems

ALLAN CHETTY
  • 1988 CHEVROLET CAMARO

Hi my camaro 1988 has elec. Wiring problems. Wiring to starter
has now melted for the second time. Presently the thick pink wire has melted from under dash to the body junction & the same wire to coil has also melted.
quest: is the coil blown & can I use thicker gauge wires with inline fises to starter wires & what amp fuses.& Whats the cause. Is there a diy electrical wiring book for sale.I do have a manuel up to 1987 which doesn't quiet seem to match the 1988 models. Thanks

Sunday, June 24th, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Te fusible links at the starter should have protected those circuits as that is there job. You now have a harness that needs to replaced/repaired. Use the oem gauge, not any different.

I would like to know what has caused this issue? What was the reason for the first time? This is not a simple repair at this point

Sunday, June 24th, 2012 AT 6:45 PM
ALLAN CHETTY

Thanks ASEMASTERS WHAT IS oem gauge & this time wires melted under dash & the first time only starter wires melted, ta

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 5:27 AM
ASEMASTER6371

Can you take a picture and post it?

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 11:32 PM
ALLAN CHETTY

I've stripped the dash to rewire, but I can't seem to find where the blue female plug with pink, red, black, brown wires & a black plug with red yellow, orange & black wires.I've plugged in the rest of the plugs under dash but just these these two I cant seem to locate to plug in can sombody please help, thanks

Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012 AT 5:33 PM
ALLAN CHETTY

Is there a website that shows under dash plug diagrams

Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012 AT 5:37 PM