IM HAVING ELCTRICALE PROBLEMS WHEN THE CAR IS ...

1987 Volkswagen Golf

voltage13

January, 20, 2013 AT 9:36 AM

Im having elctricale problems when the car is started for a little while why I have lights heat on the lights on dashboard goes dime and car shuts off the battery tested good the alternater was good and I just replaced the voltage regulatore and still having the problem the engine is a 1.8L egine know if it is the starter were is it exactly located? And also can a extornale gas pump mack it to that or would it be a starter? But when the parts store checked the battery they checked alternatore and starter with there computer and it tested good well my father and I actually took alternatore off I took the alternatore to store to mack sure and it tested good I cant understand what my electricale problem could be im lost on this electric thing my brother said since I put a brand new voltage regulatore on that the sylaniod on starter coulf of fried cuz I have hade this car for 5 years and never replaced starter yet plz help thank you very much

exovcds

If the car shuts off while the engine is on, it is NOT a starter problem.

If you can not see the starter when you look in the engine bay, then you have an automatic transmission?

Take a picture of the engine bay (need to see entire engine and transmission), so that I can draw on the picture
to tell you what to do.

Thomas

Alternator testing done right
Air Filter Replacement Acura TL
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Air Filter Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML