CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I NEED TO REBUILD THE CARBURETOR?

1987 Honda CRX

jhatfield0965

March, 19, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

I have a 1987 crx hf, it will only start when patting the gas pedal, then it goes dead.I can pour gas in the carburetor and it will stay running, as long as I keep adding gas to it. The fuel pump appears to be new, I've toke the line off at the carburetor and gas comes out of the line, when I crank the engine. I don't hear any vacuum leaks it seams as if everything is hooked up, as it should be. It has 196000 miles but the engine doesn't smoke or knock it sounds like it would go another 100000, if I could solve this problem. Please help

Carb..leaks Gas

1 IMAGE

fixitmr

March, 19, 2012 AT 12:57 AM

Check float for sticking see if there is a fuel level window to see if gas is in bowl. Is choke working?

jhatfield0965

March, 19, 2012 AT 1:01 AM

Yes I checked the level through the sight glass while it was running and while it was shut off, and it stays in the center. And the choke seems to be working as it should, it is closed when I first start it and in a matter of minutes it opens up.

fixitmr

March, 19, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

Have you watched venturi for gas spray? Are plugs the right color burning clean?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe