Help plz

WESWILLIAMSON87
  • 1987 FORD F-150
87 f150 stuck in park the prnd12 indicator never worked I have already disconected the linkage from the tranny and its still stuck in park it was sittin 2 months before trying to run it again I have no clue what to do any help plz?
Monday, February 14th, 2011 AT 4:21 AM

THIS MAY OR MAY NOT DO. NUTHIN'

CAN YOU GET A FEW FELLERS FRONT AND REAR TO ROCK IT HARD, WHILE YOU TRY TO SHIFT IT

PLEASE DO NOT HAVE IT RUNNING WHEN YOU TRY THIS!

AS YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG. AND WE DON'T WANT TO RUN OVER OUR BUDDIES!

SURELY, EVEN IF IT DON'T WORK, YOU HURT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT YOUR TRUCK, BUT DO YOU HAVE TO DEPRESS THE BRAKE TO SHIFT IT. IF SO MAYBE "THAT LINKAGE" IS THE PROBLEM

TRY HOLDING THE STEERING WHEEL LEFT OR RIGHT, WHILE YOU TRY

(I FEEL SURE, YOU HAVE TRIED A LOT OF STUFF ALREADY!)

I'M A MEMBER LIKE YOU, MAYBE ONE OF THE OTHER GUYS WILL JUMP IN AND HELP!

BUT, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THIS HELPED YOU!

Monday, February 14th, 2011 AT 5:41 AM
WESWILLIAMSON87
I really apperciate ur kindness in trying to help me and yes I have done all that and still nothing I dont have a clue what could be causing it I can move the shifter down bout half an inch like going into reverse but it stops right before reverse im thinking its the linkage and I just need a new steering colum. But how could it go out if I wasnt driving it the 2 months it was sittin and then after the 2 months it was sitting due to needing a new door I get in it start it and it doesnt come outa park weird if u ask me and yes hopefully an expert jumps in and helps out but I didnt leave a tip so probly not anyway thank u medic
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 12:00 AM
Sorry!

Still, someone else could jump in, and answer you also

Maybe you can use the search box at the top and find another Same/ Similar question with an answer to better than mine?

Again, let me know if that takes you to higher places!

The Medic
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 1:44 AM