CURIOUS QUESTION ABOUT A CHEVY CELEBRITY

1987 Chevrolet Astro

rozyry

June, 7, 2011 AT 4:02 PM

I just want to know if there is an explanation as of why my neighbor's car which is a 1987 Chevy Celebrity, the locks make a clicking noise on its own. I was outside my porch when my dog started barking like crazy at the neighbors car and all you hear is the locks clicking back and forth. It sounds like if someone is trying to get out but without the pounding and yelling. So I knocked on the door to make sure everything ok and they just said the locks are acting up again but it hasn't done that in a while. That car never moves and I was really curious as to why that would happen to a car that old in which I imagine doesn't have power locks. It was just a constant clicking coming from all locks.

saturntech9

June, 7, 2011 AT 6:19 PM

My 1969 caddy had power door locks and my dads 1966 caddy had power door locks so of course a 1987 car and have power locks. Most of the time when something like that happens its a bad door lock switch in the door panel or the drivers door lock cylinder keeping the door locks on all the time. When there running all the time see if the drivers door lock cylinder is in the 12 oclock position. If it is then go to each door lock switch and unplug them one at a time and see if the locks shut off.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes