NO FIRE TO PLUGS

1986 Toyota Camry

cjrmgag

October, 19, 2013 AT 11:32 AM

We have checked all the relays. Changed the distributor, the igniter, new cap and rotor, wires. All resistance and voltage is within running limits. Help. This is our only transportation. We have gone step by step according to the Haynes manual and also spoken with an older Toyota service person at a dealership. Went to go to work, car started to lose power, then started bucking, then died and did not start again. Again please help.

mhpautos

October, 19, 2013 AT 3:38 PM

Do you have good spark, injection pulse and fuel pressure, any codes? Check regardless if MIL is on or not.

cjrmgag

October, 20, 2013 AT 10:13 AM

No spark, fuel pressure fine this is an 86 toyota, have to count blinks, get a 6 and 11 count repeated. Wants to turn over but no fire to plugs. Concluded by testing all involved systems that the ECU died.

mhpautos

October, 21, 2013 AT 1:30 AM

Code 6 is for a faulty crank or cam position sensor, this is part of the distributor, if the ECU was faulty you would not normally get any codes, I would be looking at the distributor.

cjrmgag

October, 21, 2013 AT 8:19 AM

Replaced distributor

mhpautos

October, 22, 2013 AT 2:31 AM

New or second hand distributor and I hope that you have checked the main EFI fuse, test it with a test light and not just visual.

cjrmgag

October, 22, 2013 AT 2:37 PM

Rebuilt distributor, from my work.I sell auto parts. And yes all the fuses have been changed or tested.

mhpautos

October, 24, 2013 AT 2:17 AM

You may well have a faulty ECU, can you get a test unit to try?

cjrmgag

October, 24, 2013 AT 3:04 PM

Got a warranted ECU to try. Still no fire.

mhpautos

November, 3, 2013 AT 3:58 AM

If you are still having a problem, you will have to do a pin out and continuity check from the ecu to the distributor, where are you at with this problem, sorry for the delay, I have has my partner in hospital for a week or so and have not had the chance to get on here.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L