WILL NOT START BUT CRANKS OVER

1986 Pontiac Firebird

Grimreaper

June, 20, 2012 AT 12:05 AM

I have an 86 firebird that will not start but cranks over I have replaced the computer 3 main solenoids and cleaned my groin wires what should I do? No wires are showing and non are cut check engine ligh doesn't come on and the fuel pump doesn't kick in

June, 20, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

Check the powers and grounds to the computer. It sounds like a power issue to the computer. Did you change the PROM as well?

Grimreaper

June, 20, 2012 AT 11:38 PM

No today I replaced the computer and the check engine light stays on but the car doesnt start it cranks over but doesnt start

June, 20, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

Scan the computer for code/s and also, Go to this walk thru link:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Grimreaper

June, 21, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

I did and the codes just keep saying 12 meaning that there is nothing wrong according to the computer

June, 23, 2012 AT 9:07 PM

Fuel pump doesn't kick-in-check and test fuel pump fuse, relay and oil pressure sending unit-

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement