WILL NOT START BUT CRANKS OVER

• Grimreaper
  • 1986 Pontiac Firebird

I have an 86 firebird that will not start but cranks over I have replaced the computer 3 main solenoids and cleaned my groin wires what should I do? No wires are showing and non are cut check engine ligh doesn't come on and the fuel pump doesn't kick in

Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 AT 12:05 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Check the powers and grounds to the computer. It sounds like a power issue to the computer. Did you change the PROM as well?

Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 AT 12:11 AM
  • Grimreaper

No today I replaced the computer and the check engine light stays on but the car doesnt start it cranks over but doesnt start

Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 AT 11:38 PM
  • rasmataz

Scan the computer for code/s and also, Go to this walk thru link:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 AT 11:56 PM
  • Grimreaper

I did and the codes just keep saying 12 meaning that there is nothing wrong according to the computer

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 1:04 AM
  • rasmataz

Fuel pump doesn't kick-in-check and test fuel pump fuse, relay and oil pressure sending unit-

Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 AT 9:07 PM