IM NOT SURE WHERE TO START.

1986 Cadillac Fleetwood

CADILLACMAN28

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:46 AM

I TURN THE VEHICLE OVER IT STARTS WITH NO PROBLEM. ONCE WARMED UP IT RUNS VERY SMOOTH IN PARK. IF I PUT IT IN DRIVE IT RUNS SPARATIC SMOOTH THEN ROUGH THEN SMOOTH AGAIN ALMOST LIKE A SURGE. IT ALSO DOES THE SAME IN REVERSE. WHEN I GIVE IT GAS IT STALLS AND WHEN I RESTART IT IT STARTS RIGHT BACK UP AND SAME PROCESS AGAIN, ENDING IN A STALL. ON ANOTHER NOTE THE REPAIRS I HAVE CONDUCTED IS: NEW REMANUFACTURED BENCH FLOW ADJUSTED CARBURATOR, WITH ALL NEW PARTS INSIDE. IT WAS FLOW TESTED PRIOR TO PUTTING ON. NEW MAP SENSOR, NEW PCV VALVE, NEW FUEL FILTER, NEW CAP ROTOR AND WIRES PLUGS, NEW EXHAUST, NEW AIR FILTER, I HAVE RUN BG FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER THROUGH IT ALSO. IT IS LOW ON FUEL AT THE MOMENT AND SITS ON A HILL WITH FRONT END POINTED DOWNHILL. BUT IT STARTS BACK UP WITH NO HESITATION DESPITE BEING LOW. RAN A CODE DIAGNOSTIC FIXED ALL CODES, COMPUTER GIVES POSITIVE FEEDBACK THAT IT IS ONLINE EVERYTIME. BUT NO NEW CODES HAVE BEEN GIVEN SINCE REPAIRS WERE DONE. NT SURE IF THIS IS A TIMING ISSUE, IGNITION, OR FUEL. PLEASE HELP THIS IS VERY IRRITATING. THE CAR RUNS EXTREMELY SMOOTH IN PARK WITH NOT EVEN A VIBRATION AND OFF AND ON WITHOUT VIBRATION WHEN IN DRIVE OR REVERSE. THIS VEHICLE HAS VERY GOOD POTENTIAL WHEN IT RUNS CORRECTLY. THANK YOU

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:00 AM

Is this a feedback carbuerator?

CADILLACMAN28

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:13 AM

Nt sure wats the difference

December, 19, 2011 AT 6:50 AM

Is it a carbuerator or fuel injected engine

cadieman

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:37 PM

Its fuel injected. If the codes were cleared. Push off and warmer buttons on the a/c panel. When you see all segments light release. Than write down the hard codes still in the cpu. Then come back

CADILLACMAN28

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:52 PM

The way I pulled codes b4 was thru the upper dashboard check engine light its the rear wheel drive version 5.0 litre de elegance. It has an obd 1 plug just underneath the ashtray it detcts cofes by blinking the check engine light in numbered sequences and has a booklet with it to cross reference it. Is doing thru the warmer buttoms another way to pull codes on that model? Its the big body fleetwood 4 door.

CADILLACMAN28

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:54 PM

Its a quadrajet 4 barrel direct injection throttle body.

CADILLACMAN28

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

Cadillac fleetwood brougham de elegance 5.0 litre v8

cadieman

December, 20, 2011 AT 1:08 AM

It could be front or rear wheel drive.

CADILLACMAN28

December, 20, 2011 AT 1:24 AM

Oh ok I tried it it didnt do anything. Will it give me codes thru the check engine light blinking on and off or will it give them thru my digital ac/heat screen. And do I need to hook up my obd 1 reader b4 I push the off button and warmer button together

CADILLACMAN28

December, 20, 2011 AT 1:29 AM

It is a rear wheel drive for sure.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang