I'VE BEEN OFFERED A NOT RUNNING.

1985 Nissan 300ZX

1985Nissan

December, 1, 2011 AT 4:08 AM

I've been offered a '85 Nissan300ZX but is not in running conditions, Should I take the chance and buy it ($750)? Will it be expensive trying to repair it?
And at the same time been offered a Volvo '86 in running conditions with only 130k.
Thank you,
Regards,
Andrew

Wiring Issue?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 1, 2011 AT 4:10 AM

If you need a dependable vehicle, the volvo may be a better choice. However, they can be expensive to repair. As far as the Nissan, any idea why it doesn't run?

December, 1, 2011 AT 4:14 AM

If its me -I'll take the Volvo it can go another 60K's miles to reach the Nissan accumulated mileage-I don't buy a car if its not in running condition-I don't want surprises in the long run-

cReed

February, 27, 2012 AT 12:16 AM

Well, I may be partial (as an '86 300zx owner), but I say get the Nissan! Volvo's are generic, but the 300zx is very desireable. Even if you have to drop a new motor in it for a few thousand dollars. They can sell for well over ten thousand dollars in nice condition. I guess it just depends on if you need a drivable car now or not. PS. 300z's are great fun to drive (when running), and are excellent at turning heads everywhere you go!

Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Fuel Pump Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front