TRANSMISSION

1984 Volkswagen Quantum

2CarPros-Archives

October, 12, 2010 AT 11:03 PM

1984 Volkswagen Quantum 90,000 miles. I want to have my transmission removed and replaced instead of having someone rebuild my old transmission which is an automatic. I decided to use another transmission from another Volkswagen Quantum car that came with a warranty. Approximately, how much should this cost? It seems to me this would be a very simple job because all it takes is unbolting and removing the transmission, and inserting and aligning the new transmission and re-bolting it in. In addition, what are some other things besides the transmission fluid and filter they need to check or change when replacing the transmission in a car?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

2CarPros-Archives

October, 12, 2010 AT 11:25 PM

Before attempting this car repair by having your transmission replaced with one from another Volkswagen, you should be aware that not all transmissions are interchangeable. Although they may appear the same, the manufactures are constantly updating from year to year and even mid-year. Your car may not be compatible with another transmission. Replacing the transmission is not a simple job.

Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma