I BOUGHT THIS CAR ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF AGO

1984 Buick Skylark

Anonymous

March, 21, 2013 AT 11:52 PM

I bought this car about a month and a half ago. It was running well until about a week ago. I turned off my car one night and tried to turn it back on directly after turning it off. It wouldn't turn on so I jumped it and tried to get it home and the lights were dim and my radio would turn off evry time I hit the brake. As soon as I got it home it died in the parking lot. I replaced the battery and it worked fine for like a week and it happened so I replaced the alternator. It worked great for an hour and then it just died. What could be the problem

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

caradiodoc

March, 22, 2013 AT 12:18 AM

Measure the battery voltage while the engine is running. It must be between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, the generator is not recharging the battery. There's two smaller wires plugged into the side at the rear. One of those must have full battery voltage all the time. If the other one is working, the "Battery" warning light on the dash will turn on when you turn on the ignition switch. Check both of those.