DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW WONT ROLL UP

1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass

madole

January, 20, 2013 AT 2:52 AM

Drivers side window won't roll up. You can use the window crank with someone pulling on the window and get the window up, the window will roll down with the crank, just not up, can it be fixed

Jacobandnickolas

January, 20, 2013 AT 3:16 AM

It sounds like the regulator may be bad.

madole

January, 20, 2013 AT 4:05 AM

Its not electric, just regular

Jacobandnickolas

January, 20, 2013 AT 4:07 AM

It still has a regulator

madole

January, 20, 2013 AT 4:17 AM

Thank you, I have the door panel off, but i'm not that smart, I can see all the parts but don't know names or where they are are placed, if I knew where to look, I could pretty much figure it out

Jacobandnickolas

January, 20, 2013 AT 4:31 AM

See pic There are rollers that are attached to the regulator. Check them to make sure the are good.

madole

Thank you, I will check

Jacobandnickolas

Let me know if you have other questions.

madole

Still trying to figure out why my car won't start, it just clicks, got a new battery, turned right over, drove two blocks and now its just clicking again

Jacobandnickolas

Remove the battery cables, clean them and retighten them. Also, check to make sure the ground from the battery to the engine is clean and tight.

madole

January, 21, 2013 AT 12:56 AM

Thank you, no one suggested that, they suggested buy altanator, but it doesn't make sense to me, I have never had any trouble, the car always started right up, lights never dimmed, it does sound like battery down, it clicked on the old battery and it is clicking on the new battery like poor connection, also would the starter selinoid or starter do anything like that?I am 70 yr old lady but not senile lol

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Open Hood Video