81 CJ7, 4

ANONYMOUS
  • 1981 JEEP CJ7

81 CJ7, 4.2 Engine starts fine runs until it warms up, then starts to sputter then dies. I have to wait for the engine to cool off then it will repeat the same symptoms. I rebuilt the carb, had alot of goop in the float area, still same result. Where do I go next?

Sunday, November 11th, 2012 AT 3:26 PM

Check ignition go to how to repair it shold be coveed under tune up how to check it. Also check fuel pressure and for flow.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, November 11th, 2012 AT 4:47 PM

THIS IS WHILE IT IDLES OR GOING DOWN THE ROAD?

IS YOUR FUEL SYSTEM STILL ST UP WITH THE 3 PORT FUEL FILTER, AS IN MY PICS BELOW?

YOUR CARB HAS A STEEPER MOTOR ON THE BACK LIKE THE BBD ON THE RIGHT, IN MY LAST PIC

CAN YOU SEND PICS FROM UNDER YOUR HOOD---SO I CAN SEE EACH SIDE OF THE ENGINE--A VIEW FROM THE TOP----WITH THE BREATHER REMOVED IN EACH PIC

THE MORE THE MERRIER!

INCLUDE A PIC OF THE WHOLE JEEP---I LIKE TO SEE WHAT GETS PULLED IN BESIDE "WILLY" IN MY GARAGE!

MORE DETAILED INFO INCLUDING HISTORY/ MODIFICATIONS IS VERY HELPFUL---I WRITE NOVELS BACK---I RESPOND BACK FOREVER----I'LL HELP YOU WITH ANY CJ ISSUE, JUST KEEP REPLYING TO THIS POST----LET THIS BE YOUR NOVEL TO ME

Sunday, November 11th, 2012 AT 10:27 PM