81 , WON'T START.

1981 Ford Thunderbird

kali89027

February, 16, 2011 AT 3:21 PM

I have a 1981 Ford Thunderbird. It was broken into and the functional center console was taken. Unfortunately the car will no longer start. It cranks but does not catch. Could the snipped wires where the console sat be the culprit?

February, 16, 2011 AT 3:50 PM

Check for the basics. Have a helper crank it, while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, check fuel. You could use a little starter fluid in the intake, to see if it will try to start. Open the choke valve, or throttle valve, spray a little, stand back from the vehicle, have helper crank, don't use the gas pedal. Anytime you use a flamable spray there are safety issues. Safety is your responsibility.

At the moment, not sure about the cut wires? May have blown a fuse?

kali89027

February, 16, 2011 AT 4:30 PM

Thanks, I will give that a shot. Unfortunately when they stole my console they also took my haynes manual.I guess so they could reinstall it on their own car! LOL

February, 16, 2011 AT 6:06 PM

Oh no, lol.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test