Seriously this will be a big undertaking. In the end it will likely cost more than the vehicle is worth.
The least expenive way to do this (if there is an enexpansive way) would be to find a right hand drive car of the same type at a salvage yard, buy that car and then switch the parts from that car to yours.
Even easier would be to locate a right hand drive car and then put the 1.6 EFI engine in it.
Probably by the time you finish the change-over you could have become accustom to driving the car as it is.
Consider this; in order to change the vehicle from left to right hand drive these are some of the things which would have to be changed/altered:
* steering rack changed
* brake master cylinder moved
* brake lines moved/replaced
* clutch master cylinder moved (line as well)
throttle cable (no big deal)
* possible transmission change (if present one can't connect to the 1.6L EFI or if linkage is on wrong side)
Steering column and wiring altered (lengthened)
* instrument panel
* there is much more but you get the idea.
What do you think?
Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 6:37 PM