'S POWER STEERING ISSUE.

1980 Honda Accord

ayyan

December, 14, 2013 AT 8:03 AM

I have a 1980's Honda accord. My car had been parked in a humid garage, due to which it's entire rubber seals had been damaged. Therefore, I had to change those rubber seals, however, unfortunately, it's power steering is malfunctioning. My car's power steering turns towards the right side automatically without any man handling, whereas the left side tightens up and doesn't work at all. Also, the car's oil pumps had been replaced but one side has the same problem as the power steering. Please help me find a solution to this problem, so I can bring my car back to it's original position.

Regards,
Rana Nadeem.

caradiodoc

December, 14, 2013 AT 8:24 AM

The humidity doesn't have anything to do with the loss or power steering assist. That is due to internal leakage inside the rack and pinion steering gear, and is common on all car brands. The fix is a rebuilt steering gear. Normally the power assist will return when the power steering fluid warms up, and eventually you'll lose the assist to the right too.

Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal