IM LOOKING TO REPLACE MY CARBURATOR WITH AN EFI ...

1980 GMC Truck

jessesandberg

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:10 AM

Im looking to replace my carburator with an efi unit, I currently have an edelbrock intake and dont know if a regular chevy efi conversion kit would fit on it or if I would need to use another edelbrock, would I need to replace the intake manifold to stock or would a stock efi unit just bolt onto the edelbrock intake? **And what would be the step by step process for the conversion?**
Im willing to put an edelbrock efi on it, but if I can help it id like to use a stock chevy efi coversion if its a major defference in price.

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:13 AM

The pro jection system works great. I put one on my monte ss in 86 and it was the best bolt on horsepower I have ever done.

The kit will have the step by step instructions for you.

jessesandberg

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:18 AM

How much did it cost you? And what other options did you look at? Would any system just bolt on to that intake or would I need to replace it?

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:21 AM

It was a while ago but it was 300. Get the 4 injector one. It uses the o2 sensor.

Remove the carb and follow the instructions.

jessesandberg

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:28 AM

Holy, if I could find anything for 300$ id pay double, was phoning around today and was quoted around 2000$ for everything, is there anyplace you can suggest I could go check out in person?

racefan966

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:53 AM

MSD and the Edelbrock are around the 2000 mark that is correct. You could do an efi conversion but it would take an injected engine too as the intake bolts are not the same and then you would need the sensors and computer and so on.

jessesandberg

January, 5, 2013 AT 4:13 AM

Ok so then a little more work that way, alright I guess that answers my questions, thank you for your time

DrCranknWrench

January, 5, 2013 AT 5:39 AM

Try Summit Racing as they carry all of these brands and a few more and they can't be beat on price.

Replace Intake Manifold
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro