CAR CRANKS OVER CLICK CLICK CLICK NOISE ...

1980 Chevrolet Camaro

JFoafoa

February, 23, 2013 AT 8:12 PM

Car cranks over ( click click click ) noise, followed by the car trying to start but fails. One out of ten times the car would actually start but idles hard as it sounds like its chocking then dies. New fuel pump, new alternater, new muffler, new spark plug wires; I have to tap the starter here and there at times for it to start, followed by the issue I stated a the beginning. The noise almost sounds like an angry cat.

hmac300

February, 23, 2013 AT 8:30 PM

Chec battery for condition including load test. If you have to tap starter to make it work starter may be bad have it checked for draw at auto parts. For the dieing, check fuel pressure and scan for codes first. Also clean throttle plateon both sides with choke cleaner.

JFoafoa

February, 23, 2013 AT 9:00 PM

Ok, how do I check the fuel pressure? And how do I scan for codes for a 1980? And one more question, sorry, where is the throttle plateon located? Thankyou very much, I appreciate it!

hmac300

February, 23, 2013 AT 10:14 PM

Take a paper clip and cross A& B on the aldl below the dash lh side, watch for light flashes when youturn key on it will blink 3 times for one number then three times for other number-- like 1 then 2= code 12. Then come back to site and look under obd1 for codes. Fuel pressure should be checked on fuel rail with agauge 41-47 psi for port fuel. Throttle plate is where the air duct goes inafter air cleaner.

JFoafoa

February, 23, 2013 AT 10:43 PM

Thanks for the tips! 1 more ques, how does the ''aldl with A& amp B" look like? Because I have so many wires everywhere. Thanks bro

hmac300

February, 24, 2013 AT 2:09 AM

It's an electrical connector belwo dash near steering colum and the ports on it will be marked abcd etc

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test