ENGINE NOT CRANKING OVER

• Mark ashworth
  • 1979 Dodge Truck

1979 dodge pick up, battery good, but turn ignition, and nothing, no head lights, no blower fan, no dash lights, no anything, but the brake lights work? Visual inspection of fuses in fuse box is good. Battery has good volt and amps. Won't start, or turn over, good battery, but no head lights, no dash lights, no electrical at all except brake lights. Fuses all look good in fuse box. Any ideas?

Friday, November 18th, 2011 AT 9:18 PM

• fixitmr

Go over your wiring from battery to engine/body and any fusable links.

Friday, November 18th, 2011 AT 9:35 PM
  • cadieman

Use a multimeter to check your voltages. Make sure your cables are good at the battery and clean.

Friday, November 18th, 2011 AT 9:56 PM
  • kevin todd taylor

My truck is doing the same thing. Replaced cables, cleaned all the grounds and replaced the positive battery fusable link with a 30 amp link ( as the one that should have been there was duct tapped together ) it has worked well for two weeks and just quit today, the fuses are all fine including the new link. Whe the truck cooled down the power came back, and quit again after I turned the truck off, now im lost. Thanks for any help

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 12:24 AM
  • cadieman

Pull on the replaced fuselink and see if it burnt again

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 1:13 AM