I HAVE A 1969 DODGE PICKUP WITH 318 ENGINE. WHEN I CRANKED IT UP TODAY IT SHUT BACK DOWN

• jhww54
  • 1979 Dodge Truck

IT SHUT OFF AND NOW IT WONT CRANK. THE LIGHTS DONT WORK, THE STARTER DOSNT TURN, NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I TURN THE KEY. THE EMERGENCY FLASHERS ARE ALL THAT WORK. I REPLACED THE STARTER RELAY, THE NEUTRAL SWITCH, THE ELECTRONIC EGNITION MODULE AND THE IGNITION SWITCH. STILL NOTHING. I LOCATED TWO FUSEABLE LINKS, BOTH CHECKED GOOD. I CAN GET THE STARTER TO TURN BY JUMPING ACCROSS THE SYLINOIDE AND BATTERY POST ON THE STARTER RELAY. BUT CANT GET IT TO CRANK.

Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 AT 7:18 PM

• rasmataz

Inspect and test the ignition switch

Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 AT 7:46 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

You have a power source failure. You need to check for power to the coil, starter motor tickle wire and fuel pump. Stop throwing parts that do nothing and try diaging it correctly. I would look at the bulkhead connector under the hood at the firewall first.

Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 AT 7:47 PM
  • Docfixit

On bulhead find small square ceramic resistor make sure both resistors are good not burnt

Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 AT 7:52 PM