I HAVE A 1969 PICKUP WITH 318 ENGINE. WHEN I CRANKED IT UP TODAY IT SHUT BACK DOWN

1979 Dodge Truck

jhww54

October, 5, 2011 AT 7:18 PM

IT SHUT OFF AND NOW IT WONT CRANK. THE LIGHTS DONT WORK, THE STARTER DOSNT TURN, NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I TURN THE KEY. THE EMERGENCY FLASHERS ARE ALL THAT WORK. I REPLACED THE STARTER RELAY, THE NEUTRAL SWITCH, THE ELECTRONIC EGNITION MODULE AND THE IGNITION SWITCH. STILL NOTHING. I LOCATED TWO FUSEABLE LINKS, BOTH CHECKED GOOD. I CAN GET THE STARTER TO TURN BY JUMPING ACCROSS THE SYLINOIDE AND BATTERY POST ON THE STARTER RELAY. BUT CANT GET IT TO CRANK.

October, 5, 2011 AT 7:46 PM

Inspect and test the ignition switch

October, 5, 2011 AT 7:47 PM

You have a power source failure. You need to check for power to the coil, starter motor tickle wire and fuel pump. Stop throwing parts that do nothing and try diaging it correctly. I would look at the bulkhead connector under the hood at the firewall first.

Docfixit

October, 5, 2011 AT 7:52 PM

On bulhead find small square ceramic resistor make sure both resistors are good not burnt

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement