REPLACED STARTER NOW CAR WONT START MAKES A CLICKING NOISE

1979 Chevrolet El Camino

morenov

April, 29, 2012 AT 11:39 PM

Tried jump starting it and check all battery connections and starter connections

ImpalaSS

April, 29, 2012 AT 11:50 PM

Are you sure the battery is not dead? Try jump starting it from another vehicle. You can also take your jumper cables and jump right to the starter where the positive connects and see if the starter spins. BE CAREFUL doing this so the car doesn't fall on you or if not automatic jumps on you.

ImpalaSS

April, 30, 2012 AT 12:03 AM

Also note.I am having a little problem with my email account. I will keep checking on it. But there may be a slight delay on my replies.

djcl

April, 30, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

Try jumping across the fat battery wire and the crank sig wire @ the starter. See if it cranks that way

April, 30, 2012 AT 12:45 AM

IT ALSO MAY BE POSSIBLE THAT THE STARTER'S TEETH ARE JAMMED INTO THE FLYWHEEL.....THIS IS NOT AN UNCOMMON PROBLEM

INSURE THE STARTER IS FULLY SEATED AND NOT C.OCKED IN THE OPENING

SHIMS MAY BE NECESSARY TO MOVE THE TEETH AWAY FROM EACH OTHER...THESE ARE INEXPENSIVE AND AVAILABLE AT THE AUTO PARTS STORE

BEFORE JUMPING IN TO THE ABOVE--TAKE THE STARTER TO THE AUTO PARTS STORE TO INSURE IT DOES WORK CORRECTLY.......EVEN NEW STUFF CAN BE BAD!

OTHER THAN THAT STUFF----THIS BELOW, MIGHT BE YOUR 1ST STEP---NO $$$ OR TRAVEL FUEL IS INVOLVED...SEE MY ANSWER IN THIS POST

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

PLEASE RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS....OR WE ALL WILL CONTINUE THROWIN' STUFF AT YOU

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement