HOW TO GET TO INSIDE AIR VENTS

1977 Ford Maverick

nzpzellie

November, 28, 2010 AT 5:12 PM

I have a 77 ford maverick that the blower works but wont blow up into car, how do I get at it to work on it?

M_H_RITZEL

November, 28, 2010 AT 5:34 PM

The adjustment that changes from defrost and heat are adjusted by a wire control that is inside a casing. Look under the dash where the heater control and follow it to the heater box. While you move the controls up and down. The end of the wire is formed a O that is held on by a clip on each arm. Sometimes they get bound up or even at times pop off. If you can not move it then take the wire off and use so lube on the wire also move the heater controls back and forth to make sure they are free. Once evertyhing is free then reassembly.

nzpzellie

November, 28, 2010 AT 6:00 PM

Its free and it works, it sounds like there is a vacuum leak under the dash by a/c control. Any ideas of where to look there. Air comes out front vents, but not deforst

M_H_RITZEL

December, 1, 2010 AT 4:05 PM

There is a vacuum line that runs into the control switch. Then to the function control. Some areas they are made of a plastic and some are a small rubber hose. See if you can pinpoint the sound. If the plastic line has split or broken you can use a patch it with another rubber hose putting it inline. Some of those plastic vacuum lines are a pain when they become brittle.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe