OVERHEATED THE DAY SO I TURNED OFF THE ENGINE

1976 GMC

dfisher45

August, 17, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

My 1976 stepside gmc seirra grande 15 overheated the other day so I turned off the engine and coolant started spraying everywhere and my rad cap was need some advice or tips please.

dfisher45

August, 17, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

My 1976 stepside gmc seirra grande 15 overheated the other day so I turned off the engine and coolant started spraying everywhere and my rad cap was gone. So after I had filled my rad back up and got a new cap I try and start it and now it wont even turn over, I dont even get a click. I have all my power and my headlights do not dim when I attempt to start. I took my starter and solenoid out and had them testes and they were bad so I bought new starter and solenoid and put it in today. Still not even getting one click or crank. So I just change my ignition switch and still nothing! Any ideas? Btw its a 4 barreled 350 ci engine 1/2 ton 4wdg

August, 17, 2012 AT 9:13 PM

Check/Test the park and neutral safety switch-if okay check engine if its seized

dfisher45

August, 18, 2012 AT 8:13 PM

I will check my park/neutral safety switch. I have been able to turn my engine over by hand that is why I think its not seized

mhpautos

August, 19, 2012 AT 3:18 AM

Make sure that you have wired the new solinoid up correctly, it may be a s simple as that.

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage