IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE BRAKE LEVER FOR A VW

1974 Volkswagen Beetle

SIQUA67

July, 7, 2012 AT 6:51 PM

I have a 1974 VW Dune Buggy. I have installed 3 of the brake levers with the spring release mechanism. On all three the release works once or twice and the release button and spring go flying apart.

Is there another hand brake lever that will work with this e-brake system? The cables et al work fine. I just need to connect the cables to a better handle.

DrCranknWrench

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

You might also try an aftermarket handle. If it comes down to it you can get a hydraulic parking brake that installs in the sytem without a lot of trouble.
If you need parts advice go to www. Carrepairlinks. Com. It is a site with repautable online parts retailers and descriptions of what they are best at. On top of that you get a discount when you buy through there link. You will probably want to try USAUTOPARTSWarehouse or CARiD. You can get free shipping and 20% discounts. Its pretty good site.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement