MY JEEP VOLTAGE REGULATOR WIRE HARNESS HAS A ...

1972 Jeep CJ5

Anonymous

January, 30, 2013 AT 2:03 AM

My jeep voltage regulator wire harness has a green with white tracer, black, yellow and grey wire.
I bought a new voltage regulator from napa. Wires are the same as my harness except the new
regulator has an orange wire. Where as my harness has a grey wire. As the mating plug on the
my harness is gone I'm having to reconnect a new one. My question is the orange wire on the
new regulator supposed to go to the grey wire on my harness? I sent an email to Napa tech
support and as of yet no answer. I'm stuck here I would love to give a donation but economics
right now are bad. So if you don't answer i'll understand

Wiring Change

January, 30, 2013 AT 2:44 AM

GOT THIS PRETTY FAST.........JUST TO GET YOU SOMETHING!

MAY CAN FIND COLOR STUFF IF NEED BE.....I HAVE NOT SEEN MANY OLDER DIAGRAMS COLORED

THERE'S 2 ALTERNATORS SHOWN IN THE DIAGRAM---ONE IS A 6 CYLINDER--THE OTHER IS AN 8

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE WIRES SHOWN ON EACH END, IDENTIFY THE COLOR---PROCESS OF ELIMINATION FOR THE "LOST ONE"

YOU CAN SEE WHAT I DID TO HAVE A NICE "USER-FRIENDLY" DIAGRAM IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1978-chevrolet-van-fusable-link-starter-shows-grounded-stream-even-disconnected/page/3

IF THAT AIN'T-A-WORKIN' LET ME KNOW----I'LL DIG DEEPER

PICS OF YOUR RIG WILL BE APPRECIATED BY ALL READING THIS POST!

February, 2, 2013 AT 7:20 PM

. ALTHOUGH I ANSWER OTHER QUESTIONS (WHEN I CAN AID ONE OF THEM)

MY HEART LIES IN THE CJ 5 AND CJ 7 2CAR FORUMS. AND ANY OLDER WILLYS

I CONSTANTLY GO BACK AND SEE IF THERE'S A "NEW ARRIVAL" OR MAYBE I DID NOT GET AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION THAT SOMEONE HAS RESPONDED

. AIN'T HEARD A PEEP OUT OF YOU GARAGE?

NEED MORE/ BETTER INFO?

TELL ME WHATCHU GOT. SEND PICs. KEEP US INFORMED

LOTS OF FOLKS JUST BROWSE THRU THE STUFF WE STICK ON HERE, SO THEY CAN FIX THEIRS

YOUR TURN

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue