CAR WONT FIRE UP?

1966 Chrysler Newport

MICHAEL BARNES

February, 19, 2012 AT 3:16 PM

I have replaced the distribitor cap, points, plugs, wires, coil, batt, alt, and vol regulator. The car runs and drives great! Always started right up. But now when I try to start it, it will only crank. It will turn over and over, but wont fire up. I have checked the wires, distr cap, points, and all my conections. But I can't figure it out? Can you help me please get my car running again?

Thanks.

MICHEAL BARNES

February, 19, 2012 AT 4:44 PM

You beed to find out wht is missing, fuel or ignition sparks,

The following link should give you an idea what to look for.

If problem started after replacement of the spark plugs, ensure you have the firing order correct.

February, 19, 2012 AT 4:44 PM

MICHAEL BARNES

February, 20, 2012 AT 10:22 PM

There is no spark coming from the plug wire when I checked it with a test light. And my fuses look good? So what do I need to do next?

February, 21, 2012 AT 12:36 PM

For such an old engine, we do not have any information in our database so I do not know the system used.

Since there are no sparks, you need to check the points again. Ensure you have battery voltage at the distributor.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe