MORRIS MINOR 1000

1961 All Other Makes All Other Models

Sandun

August, 16, 2011 AT 5:02 AM

Sir- the engine of the morris minor 1000 car have a small tap that can close & open, but cant see a out side opening mouth of the tap-when I close or open the tap, I cant see any result - ( the tap situated opposite side of the Distributer side - What is this?- For what? Look No 24 part of Image that attached

mhpautos

August, 16, 2011 AT 8:11 AM

This is a block drain tap, it will be blocked with sediment in the water jacket.

Sandun

August, 16, 2011 AT 8:19 AM

It has not a mouth to water come out? When drive car it open or close? What time we use this tap - for what?

mhpautos

August, 16, 2011 AT 11:35 AM

The item you have indicated is a tap to drain coolant from the block, it must be closed at all times except for draining the coolant, it will be blocked with sediment that has built up in the cooling system, if you unscrew it from the engine and prod the rust you will see coolant flowing. No 23 & 24 are two types of drain taps used.

Sandun

August, 17, 2011 AT 3:58 AM

How the Sediment clean, my radiator be very heat, I have not use coolant, only water - I normally clean the radiator and hoses using water hose - I afraid to use the coolant because if coolant leak to engine, it will be a problem - what shall I do? My ignition coil has set on the Dynamo ( morris 1000 car has Dynamo)it close by engine so I think ignition coil Heat form engine heating?

Sandun

August, 18, 2011 AT 4:40 AM

Pleas give Answer

mhpautos

August, 18, 2011 AT 7:26 AM

Remove thermostat bottom hose and back flush till system runs, clean you can mount coil off the engine and away from direct heat, this is not a problem.

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear