94 CIVIC SQUEAKING NOISE

• mikegetsguap
  • 1994 All Other Makes All Other Models

1994 CIVIC EX COUPE 124,000 MILES SQUEAKING, SCREECHING NOISE WHEN I MAKE LEFT TURNS.I CHECKED POWER STEERING FLUID AND ITS NORMAL. ANY IDEA WHATS WRONG? : (

" You should check the brakes. How about when you make that corner and apply the brakes, does it stop the noise? Look at the lug nuts for tightness, cv axle boots for cracks and holes. I doubt the cv is at fault but look anyway.&Quot;

^^^I WENT FOR A DRIVE AND IT SOUNDS WHETHER OR NOT I PRESS THE BRAKE WHILE TURNING. LUG NUTS ARE FINE. ANY ONE ELSE WITH TIPS? THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I TURN LEFT.

Thursday, November 30th, 2006 AT 7:43 PM

• Bruce Hunt

You should check the brakes. How about when you make that corner and apply the brakes, does it stop the noise? Look at the lug nuts for tightness, cv axle boots for cracks and holes. I doubt the cv is at fault but look anyway.

Thursday, November 30th, 2006 AT 9:29 PM
  • mikegetsguap

I WENT FOR A DRIVE AND IT SOUNDS WHETHER OR NOT I PRESS THE BRAKE WHILE TURNING. LUG NUTS ARE FINE. ANY ONE ELSE WITH TIPS? THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I TURN LEFT.

Thursday, November 30th, 2006 AT 10:36 PM
  • Bruce Hunt

Check the brake pads and see if they are starting to rub on the warning device that is usually installed on the pads. Then check the CV boots.

Friday, December 1st, 2006 AT 11:44 AM