Everything was fine the A/C worked perfect until yesterday

Tiny
TONY01
  • 1999 ACURA TL
  • 6 CYL
  • FWD
  • AUTOMATIC
  • 103,000 MILES
About one month & half I replaced the A/C compressor since the original one leaked out all the oil and quit. I installed a remanufactured one with no problems of course including the drier. The system was not contaminated. Everything was fine the A/C worked perfect until yesterday. After making a stop at the store I get back in the car when I go to turn on the A/C nothing happened. The blower did not turn on at any speed, auto or manual and I did not hear the compressor either. After I get home I open the hood I go back to the car try again, this time the Compressor kicks in but the blower does not. Today I kept troubleshooting, checked all fuses they are good. This time the compressor starts for 3 seconds and stops. I think I may have a bad relay. But what are the chances of both relays (Blower & A/C Clutch) going bad at the same time? Maybe they share the same circuit. Any thoughts before I take it to the shop. Thank you very much.
Tuesday, August 26th, 2008 AT 6:48 PM

3 Replies

Tiny
TECHCHOICEPARTS
  • 2 POSTS
There is a TSB on your vehicle, posted here. Hope it helps.

SYMPTOM
The blower motor does not work at all.

PROBABLE CAUSE
Poor connection at the blower motor caused by tension on the wiring harness.

CORRECTIVE ACTION

Install a blower motor sub harness.

PARTS INFORMATION

Blower Motor Subharness: P/N 04321-S0K-A00

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Remove the glove box and cover:

199 03 3.2 TL: See page 20-66 of the 1999-03 3.2 TL Service Manual.

2001-033.2 CL: See page 20-64 of the 2001-03 3.2 CL Service Manual.

Online, enter keyword GLOVE, and select Glove Box Removal/Installation from the list.

*2. Disconnect the brown 7P connector (C202) from the main harness. Remove the YEL/BLK wire terminal from cavity 3 of connector C202. Cut off the terminal, and tape the remaining end of the wire to the harness.*

NOTE :If necessary, refer to the terminal replacement section of the appropriate ETM for how to properly remove a terminal from a connector.

*3. Disconnect the 2P blower motor connector, cut off the connector, and tape the remaining ends of the wires to the pigtail. Then tape the pigtail to the main harness.

4. Disconnect the white 5P connector from the power transistor. Remove the BLU/RED wire terminal from cavity 4 of the power transistor connector. Cut off the terminal, and tape the remaining end of the wire to the harness.

5. Take the subharness, and insert the YEL/BLK wire terminal into cavity 3 of connector C202 and insert the BLU/RED wire terminal into cavity 4 of the power transistor connector. Tape both wires to the existing harness. Route the harness so there is no tension on the blower motor connector.*

6. Reconnect connector C202 and the power transistor connector, then connect the 2P connector on the new subharness to the blower motor.

7. Verify the blower motor operates properly at all speeds.

8. Reinstall the glove box and cover.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/234059_99TL_1.jpg

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Monday, April 26th, 2021 AT 12:04 PM
Tiny
TONY01
  • 20 POSTS
Thanks Thechnoiceparts, But for what I saw in my existing harness that TSB has already been done.
I do get voltage at my blower connector.
What bogles my mind is why does my compressor doesn't come on either. The first time I noticed the problem the compressor was working now is not.
How about the blower transistor? How do I test?
Regards
Tony
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
+1
Tiny
TONY01
  • 20 POSTS
For anybody reading this thread with the same problem. I found the problem and it wasn't the TSB, the TSB had already been done before. The connector at the blower connection had partially melted down and was partially burned. This was problaby caused by 10 years of vibration and bad design. To correct this I'am replacing the blower, since the blower's connector's male which partially melted is part of the blower's housing.A local trip to the junk yard will provide me with a female connector. Just make sure you solder the wires connections using (heat shrink). Or use a goog crimp connection! Good Luck!
Tony
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No

Please login or register to post a reply.

Sponsored links