WONT HOLD A CHARGE

1994 Ford Explorer • 99,000 miles

I have got a new alternator new battery new post. But will not hold a charge. When I hook it up to jump it, it will stay running but as soon as you take the black cable off it dies. I was thinnking maybe the cylanoid but would some other suggestions before I go putting more money into it.
Keg_lgmt

If you're referring to the starter solenoid, forget that, it's cranking okay with a jump-start so you know that is working.

First measure the battery voltage with the engine running and no jumper cables connected to another car unless its engine is off. You must find between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, check for a blown blue 15 amp fuse under the hood on the passenger side. If it is okay, measure the voltages on the green, yellow, and fat output wires and holler back with those numbers.

I'll be out of town helping a friend rebuild smashed cars at his body shop. I'll be back tonight to check for your reply.