OVERHEATING

2000 Volkswagen Jetta

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Volkswagen Jetta V12 All Wheel Drive Manual

Yesterday my car suddenly overheated. I noticed the coolant level was lower than usual and was decreasing rapidly. I had a little coolant in the repair kit that I keep in the trunk. But since it was only a little, I needed to add water in order to bring the level up to the min. Mark line on the coolant reservoir. Luckily I was close to home, and I turned off the engine and allowed the engine to cool. It was then that I noted that a small hose was out of place which explained why there was so much coolant around other parts of the engine. Will this be a complex and expensive job to fix? I am on a tight budget and am worried about the cost.
Rrivero305

So a coolant hose just needs reinstalled is what you are saying? If so then it should be a relatively low repair bill. Should only take a few mins to do this, so at the average of $70 an hour you may be talking about $25 - $30 for labor and maybe $5 or $10 if you need a new hose.