HEATER AND HEATER CORE?

2000 Volkswagen Jetta

Heater problem
2000 Volkswagen Jetta 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

My jettas heater does not work. The car runs about 190 degrees which is what my 03 Jetta runs. Air cond. Works great, it does not over heat and there are no leaks. There is also no antifreeze smell or humidity in car. When I check the 2 hoses that go through fire wall into the heater core, I can feel that one is hot and the other is not which would indicate that there is not any flow. I cant tell if there is heater control valve in the car and is it posible that the heater core is bad even though there are not any symtoms. I also reached under dash and could feel the door open and shut when I turn the hot/cold control dial.
Mweels1

On the 2000, I believe there is a control valve. It will be mounted in one supply line of the heater core. If there isn't one, then remove both hoses to the heater core and see if you can get water (from the hose) to pass through it. IT could be plugged.

Let me know what you find.