HOW TO REMOVE POWER STEERING BELT?

1996 Toyota Corolla

Steering problem
1996 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89375 miles

I am trying to loosen power steering reservior in order to remove old belt for replacement. But there are one belt on the top and three belts at the bottom. Which two are pivot and lock bolts that I have to loosen please? Any help highly appreciated! Thank you.
Wangzhe18

Most are similar to diagram below..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_0900c1528006edb6_1.jpg

Does yours look like this? If not, please give engine size (1.8L 1.9L etc..)

Thanks for using 2CarPros.com!

Bluelightnin6
You have to loosen pivot bolt and the PS mounting bolt at base of PS unit, it can be hard to get to, remove RF tire and stone guard for better view.

Mmprince4000
Thanks for your help! It's 1.6L, and your uploaded picture is a view of the generator. What I have no clue is the pivot and mounting/lock bolts for the power steering pump. There are about 4 or 5 bolts on the back of the P/S pump, and I don't know which ones to loosen. Any more help highly appreciated!

Wangzhe18
Thanks for the help, mmprince! Which one are the pivot the PS mountin bolt please? There are several back there, and I don't know how to identify. Million thanks!

Wangzhe18

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_1_47.jpg

Tension on the power steering belt is adjusted by means of an idler pulley (some models may use just a lower adjusting bracket setup-similar to alternator adjustment service procedure). Loosen the lock bolt and turn the adjusting bolt on the idler pulley until the desired tension is felt and then tighten the lock bolt.

Bluelightnin6
Thank you all for your answers and help! Really appreciated!

Wangzhe18
I wanted to give you points and positive feedback. But I have only 0.2 points. Sorry appreciate your reputation!

Wangzhe18